Hydrophilic Waterstop Installation Instructions
- Carefully brush off all dust and debris and apply a coat of appropriate ConSeal primer to the area where the CS-231/CS-235 Waterstop is to be placed.
- Using the heel of the hand and moderate pressure, press a continuous bead of CS-231/CS-235 Waterstop firmly into position on the standing structure. Check to be certain that the sealant has bonded to the primed area.
- Splicing the ends to form a continuous, uninterrupted seal: For best results, overlap the ends together by 2” - 4”. Gently knead the two ends, creating an uninterrupted seal. Keep joints away from corners (see Diagram below).
- Peel the protective backing from the exposed side of the ConSeal™ CS-235.
- Pour the mating structural member into position.
- Always use an appropriate ConSeal Primer Product to avoid displacement of the CS-235 during concrete pouring. It may be necessary to utilize masonry nails or other mechanical means to hold the sealant in place on vertical surfaces.
- Place CS-235 Waterstop so that it is no closer than 2” away from the outer surface of poured structure. If a keyway is utilized, place the CS-235 into the bottom of the formed keyway area.
Disclaimer: This publication is to assist users to understand the proper use of ConSeal’s products. Contact ConSeal’s technical staff for installation instructions that meet your specific requirement. Concrete Sealants, Inc. does not warranty any improper use of its products.